Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This Time - I Don't Think I Can Fix It

I usually start by writing my title before I put down content. I don't quite know what to call what's about to emerge...today. I feel very sad. Two people I'm close to are ill. One is my step-daughter who has an as yet undiagnosed condition that might be neurological. I worry about her children (the grandchildren I've come to think of as "my" grandchildren), I worry about her and I worry about her husband. I also worry about my husband, her father. I don't like to see him sad and worried so I try to take it on myself. [You know, fixing the WORLD, is a kind of woman thing!]

The second is my friend Carol. Although I've known Carol for several (18 - 20 years?) we have only recently gotten to know each other well. She discovered a lump about a week ago and the doctors discovered breast cancer! She will know what her treatment options are on December 1st.

I feel powerless, small and vulnerable when I can't "fix" problems somehow. I'm struggling with what to say to these women or how to help them.

Thanks for "listening".

No comments:

Post a Comment