Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Betty Boop, Stained Glass and Stuff


Hi - someone got an e-mail from me and sent me a note to cease and desist. I apologize. I don't know who he is and I did not deliberately send him one, many or any e-mails. Sometimes I share these postings with Facebook and I haven't a clue how they could 'screw' up who sees these items I post. If you don't like what I post, A) don't read my blog, B) let me know, C) let your ISP know that you are receiving e-mails from someone you don't know and you couldn't care less about hearing from. I hope I've handled this issue!


Now, more important matters. The Stuart Branch of AAUW (look it up if you don't know what AAUW is... you know Google, don't you??? ) had a meeting today at the picturesque Dolphin Restaurant in Jensen Beach/Sewall's Point. The place was decorated for the holidays and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The featured speaker was Margie Murphy. If you have read this blog, you will recall me making references to Margie back in October when I first met her. Well, Margie came loaded with stained glass pieces to educate, elucidate and sell. And, she didn't do too bad! A number of the women bought pieces, including me. Who knows where it might go from here. Anyway, I NOW have a picture of Margie's wonderful Betty Boop piece and here it is (See above).
AAUW also took in 100 pounds of food for House of Hope and over $600 in miscellaneous contributions for SafeSpace (for battered women) and House of Hope. Way to go ladies!!! Our community is awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment