Monday, January 4, 2010

"...we have the stars."

Good 'ol Bet Davis said those words at the end of the movie Now Voyager. I actually watched it (cause it was on PBS without commercial interruption) recently. Wow, they don't make movies like that anymore. Except for Charlotte's "weird" mother, I thought the rest of the movie could have occurred today. And, I absolutely loved the costumes, especially that lovely white and silver number. If you have been keeping up with me you know that I love costumes and dressing up.



So, why am I starting 2010 with something like this, you ask. I'll tell you why...Mercury is retrograde. (Stars/planets, get it?) For the uninitiated, this means that the planet Mercury, which rules all things related to communication and transportation, appears to be standing still in relationship to the rest of the planets and luminaries in the universe. When this occurs (which it does several times a year) all kinds of strange things happen. For example: people get stuck in elevators, trains are derailed, your airline flight is cancelled or seriously delayed, your computer stops working, your cable connection goes haywire. I'm sure you get the idea. It is also NOT a good time to sign contracts, make major life commitments, etc. So, in the interest of starting the year off positively, I'll suggest my future topics but you will need to come back to get the details. It is entirely possible that anything I write today will be incorrect. If you don't believe me, just watch for the next year and see for yourself. Meanwhile, January's retrograde will end on the 14th.



So, keep looking for Friends of the Blake Library, Library Night Owls, Book Mania, The Paula Poundstone event at the Lyric Theatre in Stuart (FL) to benefit the six Friends groups. I'll have news and maybe even some photos (unless my camera doesn't work) LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment