Monday, October 5, 2009

All About Bette Lee


I realize that I promised to write about Stephanie next. Well, she's on a trip at a quilting event in South Carolina and then she'll be in Texas somewhere. So her piece will have to wait.

Meanwhile, let me tell you about another interesting, talented woman and how I came to meet her.

As program chair for Stuart AAUW, I make loads of phone calls each year to search out interesting speakers for our branch meetings. After doing this job for a number of years, on and off, and being ID’d as the point person for program on the branch’s website, I now get calls.

About a year ago I got a call from Bette Lee Crosby. Turns out Bette Lee had written a book Girl Child, her first effort and an award winning novel at that. Bette Lee and I had a wonderful phone chat followed up with lunch at the now defunct Ashley Restaurant :-( I read Girl Child and thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved her feisty main character, a southern woman who over came adversity. Bette Lee has now written another novel Cracks in the Sidewalk. Check out her website www.betteleecrosby.com to learn more about Bette Lee and the awards she's won.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...Cracks in the Sidewalk won the First Place Awardfor Women's Fiction in the Royal Palm Literary Competition. Lots of great comments from the judges, sorry I wasn't there to accept the award, but my friend and fellow author Sunny Serafino did. Thanks Sunny!
    Check out the first chapter - you can read it on my website -www. betteleecrosby.com

    ReplyDelete