Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kudos - contacts and peeves!


I spent Friday evening and a chunk of Saturday at the Woman's Club holiday bazaar on behalf of the Council on Aging. Thank you to everyone who showed up supporting the event and buying the cards created from art done by the Adult Day Club clients. I love working with Krista, the volunteer coordinator.

And, just to let you know how small the world is, in case you didn't know, I met the owner of the local Atlanta Bread Co. that does volunteer appreciation coffees for COA volunteers a couple of times a year. I love going to their store/restaurant to hold informal meetings. Great spot, easy parking, good coffee (and food) and they leave you alone.


I dropped off some post cards at Wine Styles tonight and had a brief chat with Dennis. He suggested that maybe I needed to add a little spice to this blog, although he liked what I wrote.

I am peeved by people who don't acknowledge things that have been done for them or on their behalf. (No one I've written about qualifies in this category, I should add.) Maybe this is an age thing. IF it is, THEY need to get over it! If anyone wants support for their business or cause, they should recognize people who help them. They don't need to be patronizing, they don't need to write formal notes. An e-mail or a phone call will do, but they absolutely should recognize people who help their efforts. Everyone is human and I'll give a pass once, but after being "dissed" the second time...I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment