Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kudos, Confessions and Connections

Thank you to everyone who stopped by Macy's last Saturday and paid $5 to any charity! The Treasure Coast Mall Macy's had a peculiar set up. They have four entrances and at each one there were four charities vying for the attention and five bucks of every patron who walked through the doors. I admit, we created a gauntlet for the unwitting customer to cross. Some made it, many (thankfully) did not. ;)

After a while, things slowed down and we all startd talking with each other and visiting each other's tables. One man told the people he corraled about each of the charities, who we served and why they should spend the five dollars. It was quite interesting to observe and be a part of.

I confess, I didn't bring in much for the Council on Aging, but I promise (you saw it here) that I'll make it up to them this coming weekend.

Speaking of the COA, we will have a table at the Stuart Woman's Club's annual holiday bazaar at the Woman's Club on East Ocean Avenue. The bazaar will run from 6-8 Friday and 9-2 Saturday. There will be crafts, jewelry and food products for sale. Friday night is the kickoff and there is a $10 charge for admission - kind of a preview with wine and hors d'oeuvres. Wine Styles (ta da) will be serving the wine.

Oh, the COA table will offer note cards made from art created by the adult day club clients. There are cards with a 'holiday' theme and generic cards. And, they are really inexpensive $7 for 8 cards (and envelopes). So for people who still remember how to communicate using cursive script or even printing, stop by and see us. Remember, I made a promise (see above) and you can help me but only if I see you or hear from you!

I will leave you with this parting piece of information. If you click on my followers, you will discover things about them. Especially click on Larry if you are "into" social networking, blogging, making money using the internet or anything related. He is an amazing resource.

Now it's time for me to go read some fun stuff so I'll sign off!

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment